Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nuts anyone?

Wow, our pecan trees are really full of nuts. I can't believe it! They only give every other year and this is their year to give. All 4 trees are full. I spent Saturday morning with John & Jacque and Belinda and Michael, picking pecans. Hmm, is that why my thighs are sore. Bend & Pick. Bend & Pick. Bend & Pick. OMG, talk about a workout. We only picked from one tree because the other trees have not opened their shells yet. But they are loaded and waiting for a really good hit of sunshine.

Today I'm spending the day kind of alone because mom went to bed after breakfast and has really been sleeping. I did the dishes, vacuumed, and am now in the process of washing, drying and folding clothes. Oh yea, I also baked a cake for Michael because he not only helped us pick pecans, he was our tree climber and also got on top of the house and not only shook the branches but also swept my roof. Now I just need to sweep my driveway.

Now I just need to get stuff ready to begin the day tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend, too.

No comments: