Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Wow, we had a great weekend. My sister Ramona came up from Nederland, Tx with her husband Tim. They stayed with Mom & me here at the house. We started our weekend by attending 9:00am Mass on Thanksgiving morning. It was a really nice Mass dedicated to our dad. It also would have been his 82 birthday. After Mass we went to my sister Maria's apartment where her in-laws were going to celebrate their Thanksgiving. Yes, we crashed their celebration. Not really, Maria invited us. After filling our bellies we came home and stayed up late watching a movie and eating ice cream.

Friday Ramona & Tim went shopping all day. Mom and I stayed in and I took advantage of the time to do some housework. When Ramona & Tim returned they began to fix up Mom's bathroom. It really looks nice now. All that is left to do is paint and cover her window.

Saturday we all met at the cemetery to take dad his birthday balloons. It was really a beautiful sight seeing all those balloons going up to heaven with our special messages on them. Of course mine got caught in the trees and popped. But I know that dad got my message anyway. We later went to Luby's to eat lunch and then back to Mom's house for some fun.

We spent the afternoon playing cherades pictionary style. I came up with 14 different movie titles and you had to draw out the title and see if anyone could guess the movie. Of course, this group needed some motivation after filling their bellies with food so, I told them that as they won a game they could choose from my library of VHS movies and take the one they wanted. It worked because they later began strategizing with each other as to which movies to go for next.

Cito, I hope none of them were yours.

John & Jacque left about 7:30pm and Maria left about 10:00pm. All in all we had a really good time. We were missing our brother Cito but he and his wife were celebrating her parents 50th anniversary in Iowa. Besides we'll be together again for Christmas but this time we'll be missing Ramona & Tim.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, too.

No comments: