Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a life!

He's fat & furry and you never know where he is until you hear the jingle of his tags. Yes, I'm talking about Juan Diego. Let me begin by immediately taking ownership of my part in his behavior. Yes, I have spoiled him but I just picked up where Dad left off and I am not the only, you all know who I'm talking to. But now he has upped his game a little too much.

Juan Diego has always been happy with dry Purina Cat Chow for his meals. He has never been into human food and still isn't. He's not a moocher. Purina began adding a sample can of their Fancy Feast Medley's canned food in theri bags of dry food and I unwittingly decided to open one up for him one day and just see if he would like it. BIG MISTAKE!!! Not only did he like it he now cries everytime he sees me if I don't give him a can. So yes, I cratered and went out and bought him a box of fancy fest canned food, notice I didn't say medley's. I opened a can and he only nibbled at it and left the rest of the food in the bowl untouched. I decided that if he got hungry enough he would eat it. Wrong! He decided to challenge me and would not touch the food instead he would wait for me to feed Gia her food and then eat her leftovers.

Ok, I said to myself, we'll just see who wins this game. I'm not even gonna bother with the rest of the story, Juan Diego gets his can of Fancy Feast Medley's once a day each morning before I leave for work. Oh, don't worry I never forget to give it to him because he beats me to the front door so he can swat at my legs to steer me in the direction of his food bowl. To avoid snagged nylons I have learned to open the can before fixing breakfast. Hey, have you priced pantyhose lately?

No comments: