Monday, March 23, 2009

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't beleive it!

Sunday my cousin Belinda offered to go with me to return 3 of the 5 6-pks of Boost energy drink I had bought 2-weeks ago for mom. We were returning them because they had expiration dates for November & December 2008. They gave me a store gift card for $9.87. I told Belinda that with my card I could buy some new mascara ($8.49). She went over to the razor section and picked up 14 Bic Soleil razors and 14 refills (4-pks). She also bought two .99¢ eyeliner pencils. I showed her my mascara and she told me to throw it in with her purchases to cover some of the overage she was gong to have.

Long story short, the cashier rang up all her stuff and the total as $120.00, after Belinda's coupons it was $50.00, after Walgreen's coupon we paid out of pocket $1.15. My $8.49 mascara only cost me $1.15.

The man behind us in line asked Belinda if she had any coupons for his stuff (denture stuff) and Belinda said she was sorry but, no. I looked at my gift card and told him, "Here use this it will pay for it." Of course he said no, but I told him that I had gotten some store credit on some stuff I had returned. He was very appreciative and thanked me for the blessing. I thanked him and we left the store.

No comments: