Sunday, March 22, 2009

Vacation is over.

Well, I spent Thursday morning at the dentist getting my teeth cleaned. Got home and picked up papers to renew mom's handicap placard. This time they gave me 2 so she will always carry one in her purse and I can keep one in my truck. From there I went grocery shopping. Came home and got right back on the computer to do some work.

Friday I got up and finished work. Fixed breakfast & lunch for mom and me then headed back out to the office to put together the weekend books for the priests. Got some great news from our Business Manager. She said that since I was actually working from home and did not really get to take a vacation I was not to count this week as a vacation week. We were going to count it as regular work time. Woohoo!!!

The diocese has started something new for all employees (including all church employees). Depending on your years of service you will be given a certain amount of days and it will be up to you as to how you choose to use them, vacation, sick time, personal time, etc. You will only be allowed to carry over 5 days into the next year. This will be great because I don't really use any sick time so, I will have more vacation days that I can use for mom's doctor appointments as well as my own.

Today (Saturday) was a beautiful day. I washed some towels and sheets and hung them out on the clothesline to dry. My cousin and I took my mom and my doggie Gia with us on a trip to Walgreens. I had bought some Boost drinks for mom, they were on sale, but a week after I got them home and was about to give mom one I noticed that 3 of the 5-6pks I bought expired last year in November and December 2008. So we took them back to the store and they gave me a gift card with $9.57 credit. While we were there my cousin Belinda pulled out her coupons and she went over to the women's razors and found the Bic Soleil razors and refills on clearance sale. She got 14 razors and 14 refills, took them to the counter and added in 2 eyeliner pencils. I had found my mascara and was ready to use my gift card on it to purchase it ($8.49). Belinda told me to put it in with her stuff and sit back and watch the coupons do their thing. So, the checker rang up her stuff and it added up to $120.00. Then Belinda gave her the coupons and it came down to $54.00. Then Belinda told her to ring up the Walgreens coupon on the razors and refills and her final out-of-pocket was $1.15 which we paid with my gift card. Wow!!!

As we were leaving the gentleman behind us asked how she did that and Belinda told her it was with coupons. He asked us if we had coupons for what he was purchasing (some denture stuff). We said no, but I offered to use my gift card for his purchases. He of course said, no he had the money to pay for it but I insisted and he thanked me for the blessing and wished me a very blessed day. I told him thank you and I wished him one, too. He said he hated to let this blessing go without doing something, I told him to just pay it forward and we would both be blessed again.

Hope everyone has a "Blessed" day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Moni and Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moni and Tim said...

God is so good. I am glad that it worked out for you. I prayed that God work in your favor for the week you took as vacation and ended up working. He is an amazing wonderful God. Next time you take your vacation make sure they know you will not be available so you can focus on yourself.

And that was a great thing to help the other customer and help him to learn how to pay it forward.

Our Heavenly Father has many special blessings coming your way.